Do you need help choosing your Labrador Retriever names??
Everyone should take a moment to think about what name they are going to give their Labrador. Its like giving a name to a child, it cant be rushed, unless you have had the perfect name in mind for years.
Read the following pointers and hopefully you will find the right name for your Labrador!
- Do not choose a name that is common in your area. If there are other dogs with the same name it can be very confusing for your Labrador. It can also be confusing for you.
- Try not to pick a name that sounds like a dog command . The name ‘Sid’ can be confused for ‘Sit’.
- Take your Labradors appearance into account. Look at the colour of his coat and whether there are any distinctive marks that could be inspiring.
- Use a name that is very simple and easy to understand. Calling your Labrador ‘Sylvester’ is perhaps not a great idea because there are too many syllables. Try ‘Sly’ instead.
- Do not give your Labrador the same name as a family member. This would be a bad idea because it would result in mass confusion. Your dog would not know what to do.
- If you wait a couple of weeks and get to know your Labrador you could then decide on a name based on his character. If he enjoys running then maybe ‘Dash’ or if he likes to hunt or look for things then maybe ‘Seeker’.
I hope that this advice has helped you in making your decision.
If you think you are ready to begin looking at our list of names then ‘Go For It!’
All the best and Good Luck in finding that name!
For Other Dog Names Be Sure To Check Out Dog Names And More.com
Looking for Cool, Funny or Unique Dog Names to give your new puppy? We have hundreds of naming suggestions, as well as other helpful dog related categories.